a) GUIDELINES FOR ADMISSION
- Admission to all classes will be on merit basis and first come first serve basis.
- Candidates will be required to be present in person along with the original certificates and passport size latest photographs, at the time of admission. They are required to fill the application form supplied with prospectus.
- Failed candidates from other colleges will not be entertained.
- Foreign students must secure a ‘Student Visa’ and will have to produce the ‘Recognition Letter’ issued by Association of Indian Universities, Kotla Marg, New Delhi.
- Admission to the college is made provisionally at the sole risk and responsibility of the candidate and is subject to the approval of GNDU. If approval to the admission is withheld by the competent authority for any reason, the students shall bear the whole responsibility and will not be entitled to any claim from the college.
- A student who may have migrated from GNDU to another University for some courses and is seeking admission again in GNDU after migration from the University is:
- i) Eligible for a course in which admission is based on the examination which she has passed from GNDU, Amritsar. She will not be required to obtain Eligibility Certificate. However, she will have to submit all her certificates to the registration section.
- ii) Not eligible if the lower exam of that course is from other university; she will have to fill the Eligibility form then.
b) CERTIFICATES AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION
Original Certificates and marks sheet or attested Photostat copies of all the lower examinations passed.
Registration Card (Old Students Only).
Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended (for new students).
Original Migration Certificate and Eligibility Certificate issued by GNDU to other than Pb. Board/GNDU students.
c) STUDENTS FROM OTHER UNIVERSITIES/BOARDS
Must apply for eligibility certificate through office within a month for that they will have to submit
- Eligibility Form (download from the university site www. gndu.ac.in)
- Original Migration Certificate
- Photocopy of Certificate/DMC
- Official Certificate of category like SC/BC and Punjab Domicile.
- Should submit the above documents even if they have passed the lower examination from Punjab/Punjabi University or P.S.E.B.
- Will have to submit in addition to above documents: the admit card and transfer certificate from the institution last attended if she has passed lower examination from Bihar Secondary Education Council, Patna.
- Will have to clear fifth subject of the group chosen within a year if they have passed the lower examination from National open School, New Delhi, otherwise the provisional admission will be cancelled.
RULES FOR BASIC PUNJABI & FORMAT
Candidates belonging to any following categories shall be allowed to have Basic Punjabi in place of General Punjabi at Under Graduate Level, provided they submit an affidavit of the value of Rs.25/-attested by Local Executive Magistrate.
(a) A candidate who is son/daughter of an employee serving in the Govt./Semi-Govt/Central Govt./Security Forces and has stayed outside Punjab/Chandigarh (U.T.) for at least ten years immediately before the admission and has not studied Punjabi upto Matric Level.
(b) A candidate who has passed +2 exam from P.S.E.B. with Punjab History and Culture.
(c) A candidate who is neither a domicile of Punjab State nor is her mother-tongue Punjabi and has not studied punjabi upto matric or +2 level.
(d) A candidate who is an N.R.I. or a foreigner.
(e) A candidate who has migrated to G.N.D.U. from some other univ. where he/ she has not studied Punjabi.
Format for Affidavit
I................................daughter of ............................resident of .............................do hereby solemnly declare s under.
That I am an employee/employee’s son/daughter serving in the Government/Security forces and have stayed outside Punjab/Chandigarh (U.T) for at least ten years immediately before the admission & have not studied Punjabi as Subject upto matric level.
(Or) That I have passed +2 examination with Punjab History & Culture subject in place of Punjabi (Compulsory) from P.S.E.B., Mohali.
(Or) That I have passed Matriculation examination from outside Punjab State/Chandigarh (U.T.) without Punjabi as one of the Subjects.
(Or) That I am neither a domicile of Punjab state nor is my mother-tongue Punjabi & have not studied Punjabi upto Matric/Hr.Sec.Part 11,10+2 level.
(Or) That I am an N.R.I or a Foreigner.
(Mention the category to which the candidate belongs)