PG Department of Computer Sc & IT is publishing annual referred journal with titled “Computer Apex” with ISSN No: 2249-6688. The current volume is 6.
Commerce Spectrum- International Journal of Commerce and Business Studies
The journal is published by the PG Department of Commerce and Management of Hans Raj MahilaMahaVidyalaya, Jalandhar. It aims at disseminating knowledge in the field of management, commerce, accountancy and provides a forum for deliberations and exchange of knowledge among academicians, industrialists and researchers. The journal encourages submission of empirical papers, case studies and research notes. All work submitted to the journal goes through a double blind review process as per the standard procedure of well known refereed journals. Empirical research work on current analysis is published on priority. The details of the journal are as follows:
- Nature of Journal: Print Only
- Periodicity: Annual
- Peer Review: Yes
- Chief Editor: Dr. KanwaldeepKaur,
Head, PG Department of Commerce and Management
Hans Raj MahilamahaVidyalaya, Jalandhar
e mail- firstname.lastname@example.org
Manuscript Submission Guidelines
- First page should consist of title of the paper, name(s), of author (s) with all details and abstract not exceeding 300 words.
- Second page should start with the title of the paper again, followed by the text. Name(s) of the author(s) should not be written in the manuscript.
- The article should be typed in MS-WORD, 12 font size (headings 14 size) , Times New Roman font style, 1.5 spacing throughout (not only the text but also displayed quotations, notes, references and all other matter).The full paper should not be more than 4,000 words.
- In captions for tables, figures, and column heading in tables, the first letter of the first word should be in upper case and all other words should be in lower case (except proper nouns).
- Single quotes throughout. Spellings of words in quotations should not be changed.
- Use 'twentieth century', '1980s'. Spell out numbers from one to nine, 10 and above to remain in figures. However, for exact measurements, use only figures (3 km, 9 per cent not %). Use thousands and millions, not lakhs and crores.
- Use of italics and diacriticals should be minimised but consistent.
- Tables and figures should be indicated by number separately (see Table 1), not by placement (see Table below). All the tables and charts should be presented in the text only.
- A consolidated alphabetical list of all books, articles, essays and theses referred to (including any referred to in the tables, figures, graphs and maps) should be provided. It should be typed in single-spacing and will be printed at the end of the article.
The references should be written according to APA style.
The detailed style of referencing is as follows:
Book, one Author
Addington, H. (1994). Cultural cringe: A study of change. London: Routlege.
Book, multiple authors
Hall, C. M., Timothy, D. J., & Duval, D. T. (2007). Safety and security in tourism: Relationships, management and marketing. Mumbai (India): Jaico Publishing House.
Article or chapter in an edited book
Zaccaro, S.J., &Klimoski, R. (2001).The nature of organizational leadership. In S. J. Zaccaro, & R. Klimoski (Eds),The nature of organizational leadership: Understanding the performance imperatives confronting todays leaders (pp. 341). San Francisco: Jossey Bass.
Use Ed. (note the full stop) for one editor and Eds no full stop for multiple editors.
Article in Journal
Tracey, J.B., &Hinkin, T.R. (1998). Transformational leadership or effective managerial practices ?Group and Organization Management, 23(3), 220-236.
Article from online journal
Thomas, K., & Bosch, B. (2005).An exploration of the impact of chronic fatigue syndrome and implications for psychological service provision.
E-Journal of Applied Psychology, 1(1), 23-40. Retrieved from
Chandel, K.S. (2009). Ethics in commerce education.In Proceedings of the Annual International Conference for the All India Management Association Conference (pp.3-12). New Delhi.
Hatch, B. (2006, July 13). Smoke lingers for those who keep hospitality
flowing. Australian Financial Review, p. 14.
Unpublished Dissertations and Thesis
Mehrotra, A. (2002). A comparative study of leadership styles of principals in relation to job satisfaction of teachers and organizational climate in government and private senior secondary schools in Delhi (Unpublished Doctoral Thesis). JamiaMilliaIslamia, New Delhi.
The journal has its well defined ethical policy so as to ensure that it matches with the international standards of publication. In case of any misconduct or plagiarism, the paper will not be accepted. Following the ethics in publication is the responsibility of not only the authors but it extends even to the editor and the reviewers. Keeping in mind this very aspect, the ethical policy of the journal focuses on following areas:
- The authors are required to ensure that the submitted work is original and not under consideration anywhere else.
- The authors are required to sign a copyright related to the publication of paper in the journal.
- The editor is required to scan the manuscript using plagiarism software.
- The author will be responsible for any consequences after investigation.
- The editor must ensure a thorough, objective and confidential peer review for original article submissions that pass the initial quality check and editorial assessment.
- The editor must protect the reputation of the journal(s) and published work by only publishing content of the highest quality and relevance in a timely and responsible manner.
- The editor is required to provide advice and give reasonable explanation and updates to authors during the submissions process.
- The reviewers are required to keep their identity hidden from authors and not externally distributing any work that is passed to them for their eyes only.
- The reviewers must review submitted work in a responsible, impartial and timely manner.
- There should not be use of offensive language in their appraisal of the work.
Indian Journal of Bio-Technology and Bio-Engineering bearing ISSN 2249-328X is the annual publication of the PG Department of Bio. Technology, Hans Raj Mahila Maha Vidyalaya, Jalandhar.
The annual college magazine, aims at giving the budding writers a platform for expression of their thoughts and ideas. The purpose of the magazine is to give opportunity to the students to explore their latent talents for many scribes lie hidden beneath shy faces: those who think and write; those who give voice to their inner most thoughts.
The magazine has six sections, The English Section, Hindi Section, Punjabi Section, Sanskrit Section, Science Section and Commerce section. Each section has a teacher editor and a student editor who selects and polishes the received articles, stories and poems. The students get a good readership and enjoy seeing their name in print. Besides the writing skills students also get an opportunity to display their fine arts in the Arts section.
The HMV News an annual publication of the institution, meant only for internal circulation, is a news bulletin focusing on the activities and achievements of the institution and by and large covering nearly all activities in academic, co-curricular as well the field of sports. The academic record highlights the university positions as well as the merit positions. A brief account of the student’s participation and achievements in inter- college and inter class activities helps to provide motivation to others. In-campus activities detailed here bear testimony to the fact that the campus is vibrant throughout the year celebrating various occasions and organizing major functions like the annual fete, Awards day and convocation. The bulletin also records the seminars, conferences, workshops/ extension lectures organized by various departments from time to time.